For all books:
- What themes did the author focus on? How did the author highlight them? Did you agree with the author's views?
- Could you relate to the characters? Would you ever want to meet any of them?
- Did this book change your views on any of the topics it addressed? Do you have a new understanding or awareness of something you hadn't thought about before you read this book?
- How would you describe the author's style?
- What was unique about this book? What have you seen before in other books you've read?
- What genre is your book? Did it push the boundaries of that genre in any way?
- What did you expect from this book before you started reading it? After reading it, how did it compare to your expectations?
- What did you like about this book? What didn't you like about it?
- Would you recommend this book to others? If yes, who do you think would like it? If no, why?
Cohen, Hsin-Yi. "Good Questions and Discussion Topics." Running a Book Club, 18 Jan 2013, http://www.thereadingclub.co.uk/goodquestionsdiscussiontopics.html
Lombardi, Esther. "General Book Club Questions for Study and Discussion." Classic Literature, 2015, http://classiclit.about.com/od/bookclubs/a/aa_bcquestions.htm